Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And So It Begins.../ Happy Birthday To Me

So it's happened. I am now 19. I thought it would be an absolutely retched and depressing birthday, but I was wrong. From the moment the clock struck 12- signifying my transformation into a 19-year-old I was bombarded with "Happy Birthday's".

To recount my day I will start at the beginning of the day- 12 a.m. Yes, at 12 a.m. I was watching anime on my computer, when my two roommates- Kelly and Amy- turned off all the lights and then came in singing happy birthday to me and switched the lights back on. Even our former roommate, Jessica, inserted her part in the little party by way of Kelly running in pants less saying, "Happy birthday from Jessica!" Which was a disturbing traditions we seemed to have last semester. Oh how I miss the days of yester-semester...

And so my day continued... Classes, naps, and cleaning the suit. Other then the horrid weather, which has decided to grace us with its presence, my day seemed quite normal. And for that I am glad. I really never was a fan of everyone in school telling my "happy birthday." And receiving presents is alright when one has something to give in return; however, simply receiving gifts makes me feel awkward.

Later my parents and my darling little sister came down to see me and take me out to eat. We are at Golden Corral, and I would have loved it so, if only I were not coming down with a cold (Thanks again, crazy Missouri weather!) which caused my taste to be somewhat muted. After, we went shopping. Well, what we could in about 2 hours. We then came back to my suit and my family gave me my gifts- which I accepted in another awkward moment. I received a new garment bag- zebra striped with pink accents, a hounds-tooth long pea coat, and a touchscreen GPS (Because I have the remarkable talent of getting myself hopelessly lost in the most simple of places.)

So, all in all I had a good birthday. Alas, no pictures were taken to document the occasion, but rest assured, I have not changed much since yesterday. :)

~ Arantxa

No comments:

Post a Comment