Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow, Spring, Ice... What?!

So I come to you today not from my dorm room, but from my house. Yes, I am home on a Thursday. You see, Missouri weather seems to enjoying being topsy-turvy and totally twisted. I left school after my last class and drove home, so as to not get stuck there over the weekend.

Since nothing has happened since yesterday that is worth telling you about I will attempt to entertain you by recounting a very traumatic event that happened to me since starting college.

I will tell you today about a character that is likely to pop up some in my post. We shall call him Michael. We shall call him Michael because his name is Michael, and since it is unlikely he will ever hear of, let alone read, this blog I am confident about using his really name.

Let us begin- Michael was in my initiation group for college. He was very sweet. I talked to him some during the time we were there. Well, initiation ended and the school year started. I had a psychology class, and one day I noticed Michael waiting outside. Presumably to go into the next class. I saw him and I took that he saw me as well, but, me being me, I started second guessing myself. Is that really him? Does he remember me? Well, one day I resolved to go up and say something. I exited class determined, walked straight up to him, opened my mouth, and... said nothing! -Now to understand why this happened you must first understand where I come from. I come from small town USA where cute boys few and sweet, cute boys are even fewer. So naturally, I am not trained in the art of talking to cute boys.- Well, not wanting to look like an idiot I said the first thing to come to mind- "Do I know you?" DO I KNOW YOU?!?! Did that really come out of my mouth?! Yes, yes it did... He stared at me as if I had just asked him if he was truly male. "Uh... SOAR..." he answered. And to finish topping my idiot ice cream I replied, "Oh..." and abruptly walked away. And that, my friends, was the start of my downward spiral of Michael-related incidents.

Did you enjoy my tale? Well laugh it up. It's all true. Unfortunately that was not the only time I embarrassed myself in front of this boy. But that is a story for another time. :)
~Arantxa

No comments:

Post a Comment